Abhimanyu Mishra Biography: Abhimanyu Misha is an Indian American Chess Grandmaster from New Jersey. He currently holds the record for the world’s youngest-ever grandmaster, having qualified for the title at the age of 12 years 4 months, and 25 days, Mishra breaks the record formerly held by Russian GM Sergey Karjakin.
Abhimanyu achieved this feat by defeating Indian Grandmaster Leon Mendonca in the Grandmaster Tournament held in Budapest. In this post, we will get to know about Abhimanyu Mishra’s biography, age, nationality, height, and other important details.
Table of Contents
Abhimanyu Mishra Biography
|Real Name||Abhimanyu Mishra|
|Date of Birth||05 February 2009|
|Birth Place||New Jersey, USA|
|Father’s Name||Hemant Mishra|
|Mother’s Name||Swati Mishra|
|FIDE rating||2424 (July 2021)|
|School||To be updated soon|
|Age Playing Starts||At the age of 2.5 Years|
|Coach Of Abhimanyu Mishra||GM Arun Prasad|
Abhimanyu Mishra Family
Abhimanyu’s parents Hemant and Swati who had been originally from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, had migrated to the US in 2006. Abhimanyu’s father Hemant Mishra is associated with data management in New Jersey, USA.
They have been actively working as a team to fulfill their son’s dream.
Records Broken by Abhimanyu Mishra
- Abhimanyu, who is part of the Kasparov Chess Foundation’s Young Stars program, had won the under-eight 2016 ChessKid Online National Invitational Championship (CONIC).
- Broke the Awonder Liang record in the United States Chess Federation for youngest Expert by earning a 2000 USCF rating at the age of 7 years, 6 months, and 22 days.
- He is the USA’s youngest national chess master, which he achieved at the age of 9 years, 2 months, and 17 days.
- In November 2019, Abhimanyu holds the world record for the youngest International Master title at the age of 10 years, 9 months, and 20 days.
- In late 2019, he broke India’s R Praggnanandhaa’s record to become the world’s youngest International Master at 10 years, 9 months, and 3 days.
- He was identified as a child prodigy when he broke the youngest National Expert just six months into his chess career.
Abhimanyu Mishra Career
Throughout his career, Abhimanyu didn’t have any corporate Sponsors. But it was his father’s unflinching dedication that has helped Abhimanyu achieved the feat. Hemant had started a fundraising initiative to fulfill the dream that was weaved by the entire family.
The GoFundMe page ‘Support Abhi to become youngest GM in the world‘ contributed $16,183 till now for the success.
Abhimanyu didn’t get any tournaments for more than a year because of the Covid-19 situation, which delayed his achievements yet his immense perseverance paid off.
Congratulations to 12-year-old Abhimanyu Mishra for setting the new world record! @ChessMishra becomes the youngest grandmaster in history, earning his final norm at the tender age of 12 years, 4 months and 25 days.https://t.co/gZ8AfFEchy
📷: Mishra in 2019, by D. Llada pic.twitter.com/WJ3eEyZq91
— International Chess Federation (@FIDE_chess) June 30, 2021
Abhimanyu Mishra Social Media
Abhimanyu Mishra Instagram Id
Abhimanyu Mishra Facebook
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who is Abhimanyu Mishra?
Ans. – Abhimanyu Mishra is the youngest grandmaster in chess history.
Q. What is Abhimanyu Mishra’s Nationality?
Ans. – Abhimanyu Mishra is Indian-American. He lives in New Jersey.
Q. What is the name of Abhimanyu Mishra’s Parents?
Ans. – Abhimanyu’s parents’ names are Hemant Mishra and Swati Mishra.
Q. What are Abhimanyu Mishra’s FIDE Ratings?
Ans. – He has now a FIDE Rating of 2424 (July 2021).