CoWin Registration Eligibility & How to register for Covid-19 Vaccination?: The second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination drive in India has begun. CoWin 2.0 aims to cover 10 crore people across the country. CoWin Registration is open now and citizens are able to register, book an appointment for vaccination, anytime and anywhere, using the Co-WIN platform.
Co-WIN application is the digital backbone for the vaccination drive in India. So far, more than 1.5 core people have received Covid-19 shots. In this post, we will get to know CoWin Registration Eligibility, required documents, and How to register for Covid-19 Vaccination?
Table of Contents
People who want to get vaccinated in the second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination will have to register on the Co-Win platform. The Citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines.
The CO-WIN application will facilitate the citizen with an option to register and schedule the vaccination session online in Centers of their choice. The Co-WIN application facilitates multiple role creations for orchestrating vaccination drives at various levels.
What is CoWin?
Co-WIN is a platform for the citizens of India to Register for COVID-19 vaccination and schedule their vaccination slots at the nearest vaccination centers.
CoWin Registration Workflow
CoWin registration and Covid 19 vaccination will be completed in 5 simple steps, which are as follows:
- Schedule Vaccine Appointment
- Confirmation of appointment
- Vaccination Completed
CoWin Eligibility For Covid 19 Vaccine
- People who are above the age of 60 and people within the age bracket of 45 to 59 years with specified co-morbidities are allowed to take the Covid-19 vaccine shots.
- The government has released a list of 20 comorbidities that are covered for vaccination.
What can you do on www.cowin.gov.in self-registration module?
The following features will be available for the Citizen in Self Registration module
- Register for a vaccination session (with a choice of registering additional 3 members)
- Selection of Vaccination center of convenience
- Schedule vaccination Date as per slot availability at a Center
- Reschedule Vaccination date
- Also, Read – How to Apply for EWS Certificate Online In Bihar?
How to register for Covid-19 Vaccination Online?
Step 1: Registration
- Log on to www.cowin.gov.in
- Enter your mobile number
- Get an OTP to create your account
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
- You will be directed to the ‘registration of the vaccination‘ page. On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof.
- Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document
- The page will ask you if you have any comorbidities, which can be answered by simply clicking on ‘yes‘, ‘no‘.
- If 45+, upload doctor’s certificate as comorbidity proof
- Once the details are entered for registration, Click on the “Register” button
- Once the registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details“
Step 2: Add More Individuals
- Once registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”
- A citizen can further add 3 more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More” button at the bottom right side of the Page
- Enter all the details of the individual to be included and then click on the Add button
- A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More” button.
Step 3: Booking Appointment for Vaccination
- There will be a button indicating ‘Schedule appointment‘. Now click on it.
- Search a vaccination center of choice by state, district, block, and pin code.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the ‘book‘ button.
- Once “Book” button is clicked, the “Appointment Confirmation” page is displayed
- Click “Confirm” button after verifying the details for final confirmation on booking
- On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination center.
- Once the Appointment is fixed, it can be rescheduled at any later stage but before the vaccination appointment day.
Details To Be Filled In CoWin Registration
|Photo ID Proof||Select appropriate ID Card from the Dropdown list.|
|Photo ID Number||Citizen to enter ID number|
|Name||Enter the name as per the selected ID proof|
|Year of Birth||Enter the year of birth as per the ID Proof in the format YYYY|
|Gender||Select Gender (Male/ Female/ Others)|
|Comorbidities||Citizens 45+ years of age to select the relevant option as per the case.|
Note: The citizen should carry a medical certificate at the time of vaccination.
How to reschedule the Covid19 vaccination appointment?
Once the Appointment is fixed, it can be rescheduled at any later stage but before the vaccination appointment day.
- For this, Re-login to “Citizen Registration” module; with your already registered mobile no.
- Citizen is Directed to “Book Appointment for Vaccination” page; wherein he can Search the revised date and Center
- Once the new Date is selected; Click “Book” to reschedule;
- Confirm by clicking “Confirm” of the revised Schedule
- Once confirmed, the confirmation page with “Appointment Successful” message will be displayed
Documents Required For Covid Vaccination
A government ID proof will be sufficient for people over the age of 60. People aged above 45 years will have to upload a medical certificate mentioning their comorbid conditions.
The certificate can either be uploaded on Co-Win2.0 by the beneficiary while self-registering or a hard copy can be carried by the beneficiary to the CVC.
Download CoWin Registration Manual Guide PDF
- Also, Check – How to Start a YouTube Channel & Earn Money in 2021
Cost of Covid19 Vaccination
- The vaccination is free at the government facilities and paid for at private facilities.
- The government has capped the price of Covid vaccines at private hospitals at Rs 250 per dose.
Where can you get vaccinated?
The government has said that around 10,000 private hospitals impaneled under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY, more than 600 hospitals under CGHS, and other private hospitals under states are being involved to ramp up vaccination capacity.
The health ministry has come out with two lists of private hospitals impaneled for Covid vaccinations.
Conclusion: We hope that this Complete Guide On CoWin Registration will be helpful for you. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family. If you have any questions or suggestions kindly comment down below.