The Indian government has passed the bill for a 10% reservation of Economically Weaker Section of society on 12th January 2019. EWS reservation comes under Article 15 in the Constitution of India.
In this article, you will get complete details about How to apply EWS Certificate Online in Bihar. You will also get information about Eligibility Criteria, age limit, details to be submitted in the application and ews certificate online application procedure, etc.
Table of Contents
How to Apply EWS Certificate Online In Bihar?
The economically weaker section is a subcategory of people who belongs to the general caste in India, who have a family income of fewer than 8 lakhs in a year and who don’t belong to any reserved category such as OBC/ST/SC category.
EWS Certificate is an important document for the people who want to be benefitted from ews reservation. The ews reservation is mainly focused on the 10% additional quota for the students of General Category for Government Jobs.
People who belong to ST/SC/OBC are not eligible for Economically Weaker Section Reservation. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned here.
Eligibility Criteria For EWS Certificate
People who fulfill these criteria before application are eligible to apply for EWS Certificate:
- Applicant should belong to Economically Weaker Section of General Category
- Annual Family Income from all sources such as Agriculture, Salary and Business etc should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs.
- Agricultural land should be less than 5 acres.
- Residential land should be less than 100 square feet.
- The plot should be less than 100 square yards in notified municipalities.
- The residential plot should be less than 200 square yards in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Age limit For EWS Certificate
There is no minimum and maximum age limit that has been described for EWS Certificate.
Details to Be Submitted For EWS Online Application
Applicants have to submit these details or Information while the online application for the EWS Certificate:
- Certificate Format (Language)
- Applicant’s Name
- Date Of Birth
- Aadhar Number
- Residential Address
- Applicant’s Mobile Number
- Total Income Of Family
Documents Needed For EWS Online Application
While applying for Bihar EWS Certificate applicants have to submit an enclosure document to prove their Identity. You can upload any of these documents as an Identity proof:
- Voter Identity Card
- Aadhar Card
- Manrega Job Card
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- Service Id Card
- Passbook (With Photograph Pasted On It)
- Smart Card (Issued By Labour Ministry)
- Health Insurance Smart Card (Issued By Labour Ministry)
- Pension Document (With Attached Photograph)
- Government Identity Proof (Issued By MLA, MP)
Right Now, Only Aadhar Card is enough for EWS Online Certificate In Bihar. You have to upload a scanned copy of Aadhar Card. You have to also upload your Latest Passport Size Scanned Photograph.
Note* – Your Aadhar Card must have to be attached with an active mobile number.
Later on, applicants may have to submit one or two more documents such as Income Certificate.
EWS Certificate Online Application Procedure
Follow these steps one by one to apply for EWS Certificate Online Application Form;
- You have to go to the website http://serviceonline.bihar.gov.in/
- You have to log in to the Service Plus website of Bihar. If you have not registered on the site complete the registration process first by clicking on the “Register Yourself” button.
- After log in go to ‘Apply For Services’ and then “View All Available Services” will be shown to you.
- Now click on the “View All Available Services” option.
- After that click on “Issuance Of Economically Weaker Section Certificate at CO Level.
- Now submit all the details and Information asked in the online application form.
- After submitting It the “Attach Annexure” Tab will open.
- Now upload an Identity Proof such as Aadhar Card etc and your Passport Size Scanned Photograph.
- Then click on “Final Submit” Button.
- You will get a receipt of your online application for ews certificate.
- Now take the print out.
Note* – You have to physically verify your details, photo and Identity at the office of your Circle Officer to get your EWS Certificate.
To track your application status go to the “View Status Of Application” section.
We hope that this comprehensive article on How to Apply EWS Certificate Online In Bihar? will be helpful and informative for you. In case If you have any doubts and problem please let us know in the Comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible.